Change Britain is the Data Controller for the information it obtains. Change Britain Limited is a private limited company registered in England and Wales (10327343). Our registered address is Change Britain Limited, 27 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3BL.
Why does Change Britain need to collect and store personal information?
Change Britain is campaigning to ensure that the UK makes a success of exiting the EU on terms that allow the UK to regain control of our borders, laws money and trade.
We take our inspiration from the 2016 campaign to Leave the European Union and the result of the referendum on 23 June that year which saw 17.4 million people vote to leave the EU.
Our overall mission and purpose is to secure departure from the European Union on terms that allow the UK to regain control of our borders, laws, money and trade which means leaving the single market and leaving the customs union.
The campaign therefore aims to demonstrate the continuing strength of public support for Brexit and to highlight what the public and our supporters want the terms of Brexit to be.
Why we collect your information?
To achieve our purposes we hold and process the data of our supporters. Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
The lawful basis for processing your personal data has been identified as consent.
We collect and process your personal data for a number of reasons.
- We use your data to communicate with you to involve you in campaigns including petitions, market research, email and letter writing and campaigning in your local area.
- We may use your data to communicate with you for fundraising purposes.
- We may use your data to match to your account on Facebook or other social media sites so that we can show you marketing and campaign information while you are using these services.
- We may also use your data to link to Facebook or other social media sites in order to be able to identify other users of those sites to whom we can then show Change Britain campaign and marketing material.
- We may also use your information to:
- keep you up to date with our work;
- offer you opportunities to engage with our campaigns, activities, community engagement initiatives;
- respond to your queries; process your application to volunteer;
- administer supporter records;
- keep a record of your consent and if you have opted out of consent; and
- operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of this website.
You can opt out at any time by opting out of receiving any further communication from Change Britain.
To change the way social media sites may use your data when providing advertising services, you can find information about Twitter at https://business.twitter.com/en/help/troubleshooting/how-twitter-ads-work.html and about Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217.
Opting out means that Change Britain will cease to process your data but that will not guarantee that you will never see Change Britain content on social media. Change Britain may promote future campaigns on social media. If you have opted out of our campaigns these social media sites may still show you our or related content based on their own user selections even though we have not provided your data.
How to opt out of our campaign
Change Britain processes your data on the basis of your consent and you can opt out at any time. To do this you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Unsubscribe, Change Britain,
You can also opt out by clicking the unsubscribe link in any marketing email from Change Britain.
You can also opt out by post by writing to: Unsubscribe, Change Britain Limited, 27 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3BL
When we receive your request to unsubscribe or opt out we will amend our records and promptly cease to process your data.
What information do we collect?
To conduct this work effectively, we may collect, store and use two kinds of data: personal and log information.
Personal data is any information you provide that enables you to partake in our campaigns, activities and policy development and includes your name, address, email address and post code. It may also include a telephone number provided by you and information about any donations you might make or advocacy actions you may take part in.
This includes where you might “follow”, “like” or otherwise link your social media accounts to the campaign via a third-party website. Any correspondence you send electronically may be retained, such as the content of your email messages, your email address and our response. We may also retain any information you upload or post on the Change Britain website such as profile pictures and comments.
Your personal log information relates to information about your visit to, and any actions on, this website. This includes your IP address, referrer, length of visit and number of page views. This information is required for the website to work correctly and allows us to improve the performance and functionality of the site.
We only collect the information that we need to fulfil the purposes set out at the time of consent.
Sharing your data with others.
We will only use your information for the purposes for which it was obtained.
We will never rent or sell your personal information to other organisations. Your data will not be used to send marketing from any other companies or organisations.
Your personal data may be shared within Change Britain i.e. between any local, regional and national branches of Change Britain.
There are circumstances where your data may be shared with others. These include:
- Social Media sites
We may use your data to match to your account on Facebook or other social media sites so that we can show you marketing and campaign information while you are using these services. We may also use your data to link to Facebook or other social media sites in order to be able to identify other users of those sites to whom we can then show Change Britain campaign and marketing material.
- Third-party service providers
Change Britain may need to share your information with third-party service providers to enable us to deliver our campaigns and projects. In every instance third-party service providers will only be supplied with the minimum amount of personal data they need to fulfil the services we request. They are obligated under our contracts with them to protect your data in accordance with our policies and in strict accordance with your consent.
Our contractors are either EU based or based in countries deemed “adequate” by the EU for data protection terms. In all cases contractors and sub-contractors have signed contracts which guarantee that appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to protect the data.
- The courts and law enforcement agencies
We may be required to disclose information by law or court order for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime.
Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the service they provide to Change Britain. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Change Britain’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
Cookies are small text files placed on your device when you visit our website. They allow us to make the website easier to use, to provide you with a more personalised experience, to guard against malicious activities and to ensure any login feature functions correctly. They do not collect personal information about you.
You can remove or block cookies by changing the settings in your browser, but the functionality of the website may be adversely affected.
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics uses a cookie in order to evaluate your use of our website. The information collected by Google Analytics does not give us individually identifiable information about your interaction with the site but.it helps us to understand how you use our website, what technologies you use, whether you have followed a link or carried out a search to find the site and which pages are most popular.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if required to do so by law or where they process the information on Google's behalf. By using this website, you consent to the processing of information about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
To find out more about the Google Analytics cookie, including how to reject or delete this cookie, you can visit the Google Privacy site at www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html.
We have in place measures to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under our control. All collected data is stored in locked, secure environments, and any campaign staff or volunteers working on behalf of the campaign will only ever have access to the information they need.
Controlling your data and finding out what data we hold
If the information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated, you would like to be unsubscribed from our campaign, or have any other questions or concerns about our use of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Change Britain at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Change Britain does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Change Britain or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To request a copy of any information we hold about you, please write to us at Change Britain Limited, 27 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3BL or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your request promptly.
Forms of ID needed when requesting a copy of personal data
Change Britain accepts a copy of a passport or driving licence as a form of ID when information on your personal data is requested.
You may opt out from receiving communication from Change Britain at any time. You can do this in three ways:
- by emailing us at email@example.com
- by writing to us at Unsubscribe, Change Britain Limited, 27 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3BL
- by clicking the unsubscribe link in any marketing email from Change Britain.
When we receive your request either to unsubscribe or opt out we will amend our records and promptly cease to process your data.
Change Britain will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Change Britain may be required to retain information in accordance with the law. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific requirements and agreed practices.
Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual needs.
Data Protection Register
Change Britain is registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Change Britain Limited is a private limited company registered in England and Wales (10327343). You can contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address at our registered address:
Change Britain Limited, 27 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3BL
How to make a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being processed by Change Britain you can complain directly to the supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, and to Change Britain at the contact details below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF
Website: www.ico.org.uk Telephone: 01625 545 745
Change Britain Limited, 27 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3BL
Copyright Change Britain 2018. All rights reserved.